Have you ever spilled drinks on your carpets or stained them by dragging dirt from the outside with your shoes? What most people don’t consider is looking for a carpet cleaning solution to fix this mess.Fortunately, you might not have to buy anything at all to get your carpet looking like new again. You can make your own homemade carpet cleaning solution with a few household items. But if you need a professional cleaner you can always call carpet cleaning services. Carpet cleaning Birmingham has gathered some few solutions for your dirty carpets and here are a few ways to get started:
Synthetic Carpet Cleaners
Note: Dip a white cloth into these solutions and apply to the stain. Never pour the solutions directly onto carpeting.
- Detergent solution: Mix 1/4 teaspoon of a translucent liquid dishwashing detergent, such as Dawn or Joy, into one cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar solution: Mix one cup of white vinegar with two cups of water.
- Solvent solution: Use an oil solvent. Or substitute nail-polish remover, such as Cutex Quick & Gentle non-acetone polish remover.
- Ammonia solution: Mix one tablespoon of clear household ammonia with 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Baking soda works to remove pet stains. Just sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the soiled section, and then let it sit for a couple hours before vacuuming.
- Club soda also works well but may have to be applied with a cleaning solution several times before a stain is removed. Start by blotting the section before pouring the club soda over it. Once the solution has stopped fizzing, immediately blot the spot again, repeating as necessary.
- Diluted bleach can help too. Just use 10 parts water to one part bleach. Spray the solution on the stain, and then let it sit for 15 seconds before thoroughly rinsing the area with warm water. If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until the spot is gone.
Considering these homemade stain remedies is a great way to save money. If these solutions do not work for your stains or if you would be more comfortable allowing professionals to handle this for you, call carpet cleaning Birmingham anytime! If you need more information on carpet cleaning, visit this site.